Car seat covers have almost been around as long as cars themselves, providing drivers and passengers with a wide range of uses and purposes within the interior. While the car seat covers of old may not have been very ideal in terms of fit and style, things have come a long way since, with an endless stream of choices for every vehicle imaginable.
If you’re setting out to look for best car seat covers for your vehicle, you’ll likely get overwhelmed with the number of choices fairly quickly. Believe me, there are some pretty bad ones out there, and also a lot them are deceiving upon first look.
We’ve taken a lot of time to look over, analyze, and test out dozens of the car seat covers available today, and then compiled a list of the 10 top seat covers for 2018. Below, you’ll find car seat covers for everything from better cooling, to exact fit, to customized style, to sheer seat protection.
Best Overall Car Seat Cover
Qbedding Soothing Drive Cooling Series (Senna)
The Qbedding Soothing Drive Cooling Series Seat Cover for cars is the most effective and simple way to boost the comfort and look of your front car seats. The cover is well-designed, durable, and has an understated style that most will find complementary to their interior which makes it best seat covers for cars.
- Full coverage – The Qbedding Soothing Drive Cooling Series Car Seat Cover encloses the entirety of the seat, and do so in a clean way that doesn’t have that tacky car seat look that plagues many inferior covers.
- Added support & storage – A plush lower back pillow is built into the cover, giving you added support and comfort in an area often under-addressed by many stock car seats. The backside of the seat cover has added storage pockets for tablets, phones, magazines, etc.
- Versatile style – The grey color scheme of the seat covers is adaptable to many different interior colors and has a versatile appeal that rarely looks out of place in any vehicle. Zipper closures and elastic bands ensure a better fit.
Verdict: The Qbedding Soothing Drive Cooling Series Car Seat Cover checks off all the right marks on the list. You get improved comfort, a tight fit that looks natural, and added storage, all for a fair price considering the quality.
(Note: This review is for the Senna color only, some of the other covers under this listing have different designs and materials.)
Best Car Seat Cover for Athletes
Aully Park Universal Waterproof Car Seat Cover Protector
The Aully Park Universal Waterproof Car Seat Cover Protector gives users a very convenient way to quickly cover their car seats when needed, providing an effective barrier between themselves and the seat — perfect for when you’ve just gotten out of the gym or pool.
- Wicks away moisture – The cover is made from polyester terry and EVA, which not only wicks away moisture from your body and the fabric, it creates a waterproof seal that protects the seat and keeps it fully dry.
- Quick to install and take off – With its lightweight and simple design, the cover can quickly be installed in about five seconds; simply buckle the strap around the back, and use the tension straps on the side.
- Compactable and stores away – When not in use, the cover rolls up and is secured by the included velcro strap. You can easily store it in the trunk, or even under a seat.
- Machine washable – When it’s time to wash the cover, you can just throw it in the washing machine in a regular cycle.
Verdict: This was an easy pick. These are best seat covers for cars if you are an athlete, fitness enthusiast, or really just anyone that anticipates getting into their car while still sweaty or wet on a regular basis. It couldn’t possibly be any more convenient, user-friendly, and affordable.
Best Kids Car Seat Cover
Lebogner Car Seat Protector
Having small children can be one of the worst things to happen to your car’s interior…if you’re not adequately prepared. The Lebogner Car Seat Protector serves a variety of purposes for your seats when driving the kids around, keeping them clear of stains and spills, while also adding some storage options too. It can undoubtedly be termed as the best car cover for baby.
- Durable, wipeable material – The Lebogner Car Seat Protector is made from the black synthetic material that is highly resistant to scuffs, tears, scrapes, and spills. Vinyl is used on the edges to help hold it in place, and the design of the material makes it very easy to wipe spills off.
- Bonus kick mat – The seat protector comes with an additional kick mat that can be draped over the back of your seat, helping keep the seat clean from dirty shoes and feet when your child kicks at it.
- 3 pocket organizer – Organizer pockets are included on both covers, giving you a convenient place to store any number of items, including toys, wipes, games, and more.
Verdict: The Lebogner Car Seat Protector is a must-have for anyone constantly transporting young kids in the car. It protects on both sides and can be used on any seat in the car that has a headrest. The low price and bonus kick mat helps make this seat cover combo one of the best car interior purchases you can find.
Best Sporty Car Seat Covers
Pic Auto High Back Car Seat Covers
For those who want to add a sporty touch to their car, or just match the exterior a little better, the Pic Auto High Back Seat Covers offer a sharp style that can fit in most makes and models. These covers come in two different color schemes, and offer increased comfort and cleaning convenience in addition to their looks.
- Durable, breathable material – The covers are manufactured from heavy-duty polyester, and have mesh side panels. This gives them a carbon fiber appearance while ensuring added breathability and a more flexible fit.
- Three-panel design – While many covers have two panels, these covers are divided into three panels, which provides a better fit to each portion of the seat and helps avoid the lose & baggy look.
- Easy install, easy clean – Elastic straps on the underside, stable hooks, and a tucking stopper all help make these covers quick to install without any fuss. They’re also machine washable, so can let the washer do all the work for you when it’s time to freshen them up.
Verdict: It’s sometimes hard to find sporty car seat covers that actually look good, let alone comfortable and easy to deal with as well. The Pic Auto High Back Car Seat Covers are a rare combination of all three, and cost under $40 for a pair. Your search should end here.
Best Budget Car Seat Covers
Leader Accessories SRT Vinyl Car Seat Cover
Think you need to spend a lot of money on comfortable, great-looking seat covers that also actually fit well? Not necessarily. The Leader Accessories SRT Vinyl Car Seat Cover goes out of its way to ensure a clean fit, and also gives your seats better breathability and cushioning. And it won’t cost you more than $20.
- Plush feel with improved airflow – The SRT Vinyl Car Seat Cover is constructed from perforated faux leather, which opens up the fabric to breathe better and let air circulate throughout. It’s also incredibly soft to sit on.
- Tight fit – The cover’s design ensures that is fits to your seat properly, something that’s made even easier thanks to an elastic opening at the top of the cover around the headrest.
- Storage pocket – The back portion of the cover comes with a storage pocket to replace the one that’s being covered up, giving you a place to keep media devices, magazines, or whatever else you’d like to fit in.
Verdict: This is a lot of quality to get for a cheap car seat cover that is well under $20. The SRT Vinyl Seat Cover for cars is an affordable way to improve the look, feel, and function of your car’s front seats without spending more than a full tank of gas.
Best Leatherette Car Seat Covers
FH Group PU207102 NeoBlend Leatherette Front Pair Seat Cushions
Quality leatherette car seat covers are usually hard to find, which really makes the FH Group seat covers a godsend. This set of two cushions avoids the bulky, cheap, and unnatural look manty leatherette seat covers have, providing buyers with covers that look like they actually came with the car.
- Very stylish – These covers have a noticeably stylish look that is understated, blending in with most interior designs. And with 17 color options, you should be able to find one that works in your vehicle.
- Remains in place – the covers have been sized and crafted to seamlessly fit over many different sizes and shapes of car seats, with a no-slip back preventing the cover from moving around.
- Front storage pocket – A handy pocket directly on the front of the cover provides an ideal place to put your phone.
- Won’t obstruct heated or cooled seats – Unlike many leatherette seat covers, these won’t block the heating or cooling from climate-controlled seats.
Verdict: These leather car seat covers are the best option for giving your vehicle a true leather seat look for a low price. The massive amount of color choices and form-fitting design makes it easy for anyone to find the right pair for their car. These are best seat covers for leather seats, you can use for better layering.
Best Bottom Car Seat Covers
Edealyn Leatherette Front Seat Protection
Sometimes you just need coverage for the bottom of the seat, instead of the entire thing. If you’re looking for a more discreet and clean-looking seat cover solution that prevents wear on your original seats while increasing comfort, the Edealyn Leatherette Front Seat Protection is your number one option.
- Durable material – The soft PU leatherette material on this seat cover looks great and is easily able to withstand normal wear and tear from daily driving.
- Ample cushioning – A double layer of composite material creates added comfort that will make any drive better, no matter how long you sit.
- Easy to install – Setting up this cover doesn’t get any easier. Just pull the straps over the front, and then pull the back straps through and attach the stoppers. Takes less than a minute.
Verdict: These leather car seat covers are inexpensive and work exceptionally well. Be sure to check out the color options to find the best match for your car. They also have back seat models too!
Best Baja Blanket Car Seat Cover
Bell Automotive Universal Baja Blanket Bucket Seat Cover
Baja blankets have long been a popular choice for people wanting to add some personal style and uniqueness to the vehicle interiors. Fortunately, there are now much easier ways to do this than actually wrapping blankets around your seats and hoping they stay. The Bell Automotive Universal Baja Blanket Bucket Seat Cover has got you covered — literally.
- Classic look – This seat cover maintains the authentic look of classic baja blankets, with vibrant colors and familiar baja patterns.
- Stretchy material – The baja portion of the covers is made from cotton, while the sides are stretchy so you can fit them over most any seat and still get a clean, tight fit that retains the seat’s form.
- Optional multi-pack – For those who want to go all in, you can upgrade to the multi-pack that includes a matching back seat cover and a steering wheel cover.
Verdict: The Bell Automotive Universal Baja Blanket Bucket Seat Cover gives buyers a fool-proof way to install form-fitting baja patterns on all of your vehicle’s seats, and even the steering wheel. They’re durable, priced low, and look awesome. Doesn’t get much better than that.
Best Cooling Seat Cover
Zone Tech Cooling Car Seat Cushion
Anyone that’s ever experienced having a sweaty back or lower body in a car — even with the A/C running full blast — knows the frustration and discomfort it can cause. Sometimes air conditioning just isn’t enough for some people, especially if you live in a hot or humid climate during the summer. The Zone Tech Cooling Car Seat Cushion is your instant solution.
- Breathable microfiber and mesh – The cushion is constructed from a combination of very breathable mesh and microfiber that allows for maximum air circulation throughout. This is powered by a fan that is situated at the bottom of the cushion.
- Multiple settings – The fan has two available settings, so you can fine tune things for when the heat is at a high point. The low setting should be adequate most of the time, but the high setting provides even more relief when needed.
- Can be used outside the car – This cushion is obviously intended for car usage, but if you purchased an AC 12v converter, you can also use the cushion at home, or in the office.
Verdict: There are quite a few cooling seats covers available online now, but the Zone Tech Cooling Car Seat Cushion is by far the best. It functions on a superior level, is extremely comfortable to sit in, and comes at a much lower price than many of its competitors, most of which hardly rival its performance anyway.
Best Car Seat Cover for Pets
BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover
Traveling in the car with pets can often bring its own special set of challenges — mainly random messes, and probably some hair shedding too. The BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover offers drivers a simple way to protect their interior, and also keep their dog, cat, or any other furry friend comfortable in the process.
- Multiple setup options – The cover is pretty big, so there is a lot of coverage for your seats. This gives you the option of using it on a bench seat or anchoring each side to create a hammock-like area in between the front and middle/back seats.
- Waterproof – The material is totally waterproof, so no need to worry about messes leaking into your seats and floorboards beneath.
- Quick installation, machine washable – The cover installs in just a few seconds by simply placing the straps around headrests, and tucking the anchors between seat cushions.
Verdict: The BarksBar Original Pet Seat Cover is definitely not the first or only pet seat cover out there, but it does offer the best performance and materials while staying just under $20. There’s really no reason to consider any other pet seat cover, as this one is the easy choice.
Why Buy a Car Seat Cover?
Everyone has their own reasons for needing a seat cover. Here are a few of the most popular reasons behind buying one.
- Easier to Clean – Have you ever tried to clean a car seat? It can be pretty hard depending on the fabric type and stains. With a car seat cover, you can almost always remove it and clean it in a much easier fashion.
- Added Comfort – Sometimes your car’s original seats aren’t enough in regards to comfort. Seat covers can add more layers of cushioning, and better support.
- Custom Look – Throwing on a few seat covers in your car is a quick and easy way to create a more custom look that reflects your style and preferences.
- Air Circulation – Many stock car seats can block circulation and cause you to sweat, even when it’s still cool in the car. Airflow and cooling car seat covers are designed to provide much better air circulation.
- Covering Up Flaws – Car seats can go through a lot of punishment over time, often leading to damage like stains and tears. Car seat covers can instantly provide a massive upgrade to the look of your interior, and the aesthetic of your car overall.
Important Aspects to Be Mindful of When Shopping for Car Seat Covers
If you’re shopping for a new car seat cover, there are three main things you need to pay attention to.
- Fit – The fit of your car seat cover is always crucial. Even if you have one that has a great design and quality materials, it won’t look good if it’s too big or too small. Always check the product listing to make sure your cover will actually fit.
- Style – While car seat covers give you the opportunity to shake things up a bit and pick things within your personal tastes, it’s still best to make sure you’re not clashing too much. You may like bright pink, but it may not look so good inside your green car with black trim.
- Function – Car seat covers come in many varieties, so you can often get some improved functionality after some careful shopping. If you’re looking for a car seat cover to help you with your back pain, or need more cushioning for long drives, always prioritize with function over looks — you’ll often still find something that works both ways.